"You have Reached the Maximum Number of Activations" Error
The Bookshelf Deauthorization self service tool allows you to manage your own machine and mobile devices without the need for contacting VitalSource.
VitalSource Bookshelf allows you to have 2 computers and 2 mobile devices activated at any given time. If you are activating a new computer or mobile device, attempt to view your books and you receive the error message: "You have Reached the Maximum Number of Activations" you will need to deauthorize an older computer or mobile device in order to activate a new one.
To deauthorize a computer:
- Go to https://online.vitalsource.com and sign in with your username and password.
- Select “My Account” from the menu then select “My Account” from the submenu
- Underneath your user account information, there will be section that lists your devices. Please click the “Deactivate” button next to the machine you’d like to remove from your activated devices
- Sign out of Online Bookshelf
- Go back to your application and sign in with your login and password
To deauthorize other platforms:
- Click here for instructions on how to deauthorize an iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch
- Click here for instructions on how to deauthorize an Android phone, tablet, or Kindle fire