An eResource is any additional resource that accompanies an e-textbook such as a website (i.e. Cengage Brain, Pearson MyLabs, etc.) and is set up and maintained by the publisher.
Obtaining an eResource
If you purchase a book at the VitalSource store that has an accompanying eResource, you will be able to view the book in the Online bookshelf.
If you are attending an institution that provides your eBooks, then please contact your institution's support to find out if an eResource is available for your book.
If your book does not include an eResource, please contact the publisher for more information on purchasing an eResource.
When a book has an accompanying eResource, you will access this through the online VitalSource Bookshelf® e-textbook platform following the steps below:
1. Log into Bookshelf online at https://bookshelf.vitalsource.com.
2. Using your mouse, click the ‘User Hub’ icon in the top-right corner to access the drop-down menu.
3. When one or more of your e-textbooks have an accompanying eResource, the Resources menu will appear. Use your mouse to select the link.
Note: If you don’t see the Resources menu, and you think you should, then try selecting Manage > Update Book List
4. The Resources page will list of any e-textbooks that have accompanying materials. To go to the page that contains the access code, click on the link beside the book.
5. To reveal the access code, click the “Reveal Code.”
Note: Once a code has been revealed, the e-textbook is no longer returnable.
Problems with Access codes for eResources
Access code already revealed
If you encounter an "Access code already revealed" error and you do not recall accessing the code, please contact VitalSource Support.
Questions about accessing eResources
Questions about using Access Codes, accessing eResources, the contents of eResources, exchanging eResources, and problems with access-protected Companion Materials should be addressed to the publisher in question.
The links below will take you to each publisher's support site: